Saturday, November 8, 2008

Review of Joe Haldeman’s Novel Marsbound

Michael M. Jones of The SF Site reviews Marsbound (August 2008), a new novel by author Joe Haldeman.

In a balanced analysis, Jones concludes: “Despite my moments of disappointment, I found Marsbound to be quite enjoyable, and I'd even be willing to recommend it as a YA book for those teen readers in search of good SF. And definitely, despite any dissatisfaction I might have with the minor technical details, I can't fault the storyline or the energy, and certainly not the science involved. You can bet that when Haldeman releases another book (I've read that he's working on a sequel to Marsbound) I'll be there to read it.”

For a description of Marsbound and Haldeman’s opinion about it being compared to two of Robert A. Heinlein's juvenile books, Red Planet (1949) and Podkayne of Mars (1963), please see my blog post of August 19, 2008.

No comments: