Tuesday, September 15, 2009

An audio interview with author Leigh Brackett

Thanks to SF mega-fan Blue Tyson, I’m really looking forward to listening to an audio interview with one of my favorite Martian SF authors, Leigh Brackett! Conducted by noted film critic Tony Macklin, the interview (MP3, 68 minutes) covers Brackett’s writing career, in both fiction and film. Although it is unclear to me when the interview was actually taped (mid 1970s?), here are the opening lines of Macklin’s short, written preface to the discussion:

My interview with author Leigh Brackett took place in Kinsman, Ohio. I drove with my young daughter on a hot, humid, blazing August day to Leigh's rural farm house. She was a gracious hostess and introduced us to her husband, fellow science fiction author Edward Hamilton. A lot of heady imagination was born in that rural locale.

Blue Tyson rates the interview a 5 out of 5. No reason to doubt that!

Pictured: Leigh Brackett

No comments: