Sunday, January 11, 2009

Review of In the Courts of the Crimson Kings, a novel by S.M. Stirling

Noted SF&F critic Rich Horton has written a lengthy, informal review of S.M. Stirling’s novel In the Courts of the Crimson Kings, which was published by Tor Books in March 2008. To make a long story short, Horton says “I thought the actual final conclusion a bit too much of a deus ex machina, and not quite what I had in mind. Which of course isn't necessarily an author's obligation -- he's writing his book, not mine -- but still! Anyway ... I liked the book, as light entertainment.”

The prologue and first six chapters of In the Courts of the Crimson Kings are posted on Stirling’s website.

This is one of several books I did not have an opportunity to read in 2008. I'm debating whether or not to read it in 2009.

No comments: