Friday, December 19, 2008

Forgotten books: The Secret of the Martian Moons by Donald A. Wollheim

Writer Charles Gramlich of the blog Razored Zen
and Randy Johnson of the blog Not the Baseball Pitcher have fond memories of the old Donald A. Wollheim juvenile novel The Secret of the Martian Moons (1955). Both blog posts are worth reading.

Here’s the last paragraph of Gramlich's post: “The Secret of the Martian Moons was a book that I remembered for years and years until, in my forties, I sought it out and bought my own copy. I remember the smile on my face when the package arrived
and I took the book out and ran my fingers over the cover. And sitting here now writing this, I’m still smiling.”

3 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

I really enjoy these Friday Forgotten book posts, although I haven't taken part in them as much as I would like. "The Secret of the Martian Moons" is a really delightful book, for sure.

Paul said...

I have the paperback and I'm putting it on my reading list for 2009. Thanks!

Randy Johnson said...

Just found your blog and it looks interesting. I'm bookmarking it so I can keep up. Thanks for the mention.