Monday, October 20, 2008

This Book is Dedicated to ... Vol. 1

“To the memory of Percival Lowell whose inspired vision of Mars will continue to haunt men’s minds until we go there.” The Secret of the Martian Moons (1955), by Donald A. Wollheim

“For the Mars that used to be, but never was.” The Alternate Martians (1965), by A. Bertram Chandler

“For Isaac Asimov, Lester Del Rey, George O. Smith, and the rest of my friends in my favorite club, The Trap-Door Spiders.” The Man Who Loved Mars (1973), by Lin Carter

“To all the science-fiction-starved readers who are about to read what I like to read: I envy you ... after all, I already know how it ends.” Martian Spring (1986), by Michael Lindsay Williams

“Leslie, Lisabeth, and Melanie have been the joy of my life and have also become my friends. This book is dedicated to them and to our love for adventure.” Man O’ War (1996), by William Shatner

“This book is for Scott and Kevin Thomas -– if either of you gets to Mars, send me a postcard.” Fourth Planet from the Sun: Tales of Mars from The Magazine of Fantasy & Science Fiction (2005), edited by Gordon Van Gelder

No comments: